Membership of the Institute is available to individuals and organisations working within Economic Development in its widest sense. If you or your organisation has a role in enterprise promotion, business support, inward investment, employability, regeneration, neighbourhood renewal, planning, town centre management, tourism promotion or any other field of general economic development there will be a level of membership for you.
Membership of the Institute of Economic Development establishes your professional standing as an economic development practitioner and you will be entitled to use the relevant designation after your name as a mark of your professional knowledge and expertise. We set high standards and all members are expected to observe our Code of Ethics.
Key benefits of membership at any level are:
- Be recognised as a member of the one Institute that acts for the profession
- Gain MIED/AIED designation after your name as a mark of professional knowledge and expertise. This can help with your professional standing, career development and in gaining employment
- Express your views and get your voice heard at a regional and national level - via IED involvement in government consultations and lobbying work
- Gain access to a national and regional network of fellow professionals to share ideas and best practice
- Enjoy significant discounted rates for our CPD events
- Enjoy significant discounted rates for the annual national conference
- Get access to ‘Jobs Board’ which is a tailored recruitment service for the profession and which has significant discounts for members to advertise
- Receive regular updates on economic development news and events through the IED website and the monthly e-Bulletin to be well informed on all the issues affecting the Profession
- Opportunities to publish articles to the IED website and Bulletin
- Gain access to detailed documentation on professional standards for the profession with a free copy of the ‘Excellence in Economic Development’ Toolkit
- Gain access to a searchable membership directory
- Gain entry into a consultants directory which is publicly available on our website – this is often used by organisations seeking to issue tenders to economic development consultancies
You can join the IED either under your own individual membership, or as part of an organisation membership scheme. Find out here which is most suitable for you.