10 Sep 2019 - Cheltenham (tbc)
This will be a full day CPD workshop. Price will be £100 for an IED member, £150 for a non member.
This CPD module is intended as a one-day course to allow delegates to explore the the key characteristics of rural economies and consider the most appropriate strategy they might follow in stimulating rural economic growth. The course considers the definition of rural economies, the position of different rural settings across the UK and several case study examples. The course is run in a participative manner and is aimed at creating a practical experience with applicability to all economic development practitioners both from the course learning, examples of good and poor practice and the interaction with other delegates.
• How rural am I?– the rural_urban classification and how to use it
• Common characteristics of rural economies and tools for analysis
• Rural growth theories and their real life application
• Market failure and the role of social enterprise
• Key resources for rural growth
• The nirvana of sustainable rural places and the trade offs involved
This one day workshop will run from 9.30am to 4.30pm
To book, please visit our booking page on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/delivering-rural-economic-growth-tickets-59431129107< Back